The La Maddalena Archipelago National Park has developed the "Climate Friendly Islands" initiative which is aimed at all local actors, who can acquire the Climate Friendly Islands environmental quality label, adopting and developing good practices of eco-sustainability, innovation and enhancement proposed by the Park Authority, offering a service compatible with the protection of the environment and natural resources.
The brand has three-year validity and is assigned to all subjects who meet the minimum access requirements, in the following macro-areas:
- Energy - development and dissemination of interventions and practices aimed at reducing energy consumption
- Water - rationalization of the use of water
- Waste Management - reduction and sustainable management of waste
- Purchasing Dept. - rationalization, promotion of the short chain
- Awareness raising - training and promotion of practices with reduced environmental impact
Among the initiatives of the project, there are thepurchase of compostable tableware as an alternative to plastic, intended in particular for kiosks on the beaches, which usually use large quantities of disposable plates and glasses; promoting the use of biodegradable professional detergents, and the “No waste” campaign, against food waste, with the delivery to affiliated operators, operating in the catering sector, of "doggy bags", the containers to take home the food that has not finished consuming at the restaurant.